The MIRIS Green Bond is the first sustainable investment that we'll be selling on Aurora. MIRIS uses a strict Green Finance Framework to select, track and report on projects. This framework sets out that all funds will be used in ways that benefit the environment. It’s also verified by an independent third-party company called Cicero, Norway’s leading climate research body. So we can be certain our community can see where their money is being used and what impact it’s making.
Where can I learn more about the MIRIS Green Bond?
You can learn more about the MIRIS Green Bond here but this is the key info:
- No high minimum: You can invest for as little as 100 Euros because you’re investing directly with MIRIS instead of through a bank or broker.
- Interest: You’ll receive 7% interest per year. Bonds are paid back after 3 years and you can watch your interest grow in real time on your Aurora dashboard.
- Secured payouts: The MIRIS Green Bond is issued by the parent company against cash, shares or other directly owned assets. So even if a project is unsuccessful, MIRIS as a whole is responsible for the pay out.
- Investor Memorandum: You can read more detailed info on the investment here.
- The legal stuff: World events outside of MIRIS’s control may impact plans and performance, having an effect on the value and returns of projects. Like all investments, there is risk involved. Tax rules may change and eligibility rules apply. We’re okay with second opinions. If you’re not sure this investment is right for you, please consult an independent financial advisor.