MIRIS AS takes your privacy seriously. We are the data controller and are responsible for the fact that the information we have about you is used in accordance with the Personal Data Regulations.
What information we have about you
Information provided by you.
When you use our services, like filling out the carbon footprint quiz or investing, you typically provide the following information:
- Contact information, such as name, age, address, email, phone number and social security number.
- Communication, other personal data you might expose when you contact us or have a dialogue with us.
- Quiz responses, your answers to the carbon footprint quiz.
Information collected about you.
By using our services, we typically collect the following information:
- Technical information, such as PC/mobile- type, internet connection, operating system, browser and IP address. This information is collected by using cookies. Cookie-policy.
- User information, such as when you log in and out of your Aurora-account, purchase and ordering details and clicks and navigation on our platforms. This information is collected by using cookies. Cookie-policy.
- Location information, such as information about your location. This information is collected by using cookies. Cookie-policy.
- Preferences, such as information about which products and services you are interested in. This information is provided by specifying interests and by analysing your use of our website.
How we use the information
Main purposes we use your information for:
- Verify your identity, for this purpose, we use contact information.
- Provide our service, for this purpose, we use technical information, as well as location information. We anonymise your quiz responses so that you cannot be personally identified and this data is used by MIRIS and other organisations to understand sustainable consumers for both commercial and non-commercial purposes.
- Manage your customer relationship, for this purpose we use contact information, user information and communication.
- Improve your user experience on our platforms, for this purpose, we use technical information and user information.
- Provide you with customised marketing and content on our platforms, for this purpose, we use technical information, user information and location information.
- Improve our goods and services, for this purpose we use user information and technical information.
The legal basis for purposes 1 and 2 is that this is necessary to fulfil our agreement with you and other organisations.
The legal basis for purposes 3, 4 and 5 is our legitimate interest in managing product development.
The legal basis for purpose 6 is our legitimate interest in providing you with customised content and marketing. We have the right to market equivalent products and services if we have an existing customer relationship with you. If we do not have an existing customer relationship with you, the legal basis will be your consent if you have given us this. Legal basis for first time contact will be our legitimate interest.
You may withdraw your consent at any time.
Who we share the information with
We share information with our suppliers to the extent necessary to provide service to You.
We also share the information with other MIRIS group companies to the extent necessary for internal administrative purposes.
We transfer information outside the EEA area, partly because some of our suppliers and group companies are located there. We ensure that information about you is secured in a proper manner, either by agreements with recipients or by recipient’s subject to certification schemes approved in the EU. You can get more information about such agreements and arrangements by contacting us.
How long do we store the data
We only store your data as long as it is necessary. This typically means that personal data related to customer relationship is deleted after 3 years of inactivity on Aurora.
We may, however, be bound by legal obligations which requires us to store the information for a longer period than 3 years after the customer account is inactive. This may occur if we are subject to complaints or claims directed against us or by us.
Your privacy rights
You have a number of privacy rights. You can use these rights by signing into your user account, if you have one, or by contacting us. These rights include:
Information. Further information on how we process information about you.
- Access. Copy of information we have about you.
- Correction. Correct and supplement information we have about you.
- Deletion. Request deletion of information that we no longer have rights to store.
- Limiting. Request that we limit the use of your information.
- Data portability. Request that your information can be transferred to you or to another business in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Objection. Oppose our use of your personal information for direct marketing, including profiling. You can also oppose to be a part of individual judicial decisions which are solely automated.
Please note that these rights are subject to limitation by law. We will reply to your inquiries as soon as possible, and no later than within a month.
If you believe that we process personal information improperly, you have the right to appeal to the Data Protection Authority. We hope you will contact us first, so that we can review your objections and clarify any misunderstandings.
If you provide us with your contact details, we will contact you to respond to your questions or your request for further information. In doing so, you also expressly consent that MIRIS or its affiliates may send you e-mails, including commercial emails about products and services we think will be of interest to you. If you no longer wish to receive these emails, simply follow the unsubscribe instructions included in them or let us know by e-mail.
Please contact us if you have any questions, comments or wish to make use of your rights. You can use the following contact information: